The Department of Economics focuses on teaching, research, and outreach in regard to economic issues at the state, national, and international levels. We offer general education courses that provide undergraduates from across the university with a background in the business, policy, and international aspects of economics they need to support their programs of study. The majority of our faculty is engaged in interdisciplinary or international research collaboration.
Students will only be able to change their major to Economics to either Economics, Science (ECAS) will be open July 31 – September 1, 2017. The Department of Economics requires students to meet with the Undergraduate Advisor to complete a Policy 91 review before their request will be approved.
Students wishing to change their major to Economics must meet with the Undergraduate Advisor before applying to change your major. To schedule an appointment click here to email the Undergraduate Advisor, Erika Perdue.
Drop/Add for Summer 2017 will open March 11
Drop/Add for Fall 2017 will open August 5
There are some things to remember as an Economics major regarding Drop/Add.
- The Department of Economics does not force add. If an ECON course is full you will just need to keep checking the Timetable to see if any seats open.
- To maintain progress toward degree you must be enrolled in at least two ECON courses each semester until all requirements are complete or only one ECON course remains. If you are completing a MATH sequence for the major, STAT 3005, BIT 2405, or BIT 2406 these courses can count as one of the two courses.
- All pre-reqs for ECON courses must be met. If you do not meet the pre-reqs the course will be dropped from your schedule. I will send you an email if this happens.
- Other departments have different force add policies. If you need to request a force add in another subject please contact the advisor in that department for instructions on the department’s force add process.
- Please email the Undergraduate Advisor, Erika Perdue, with any questions about Drop/Add in regards to Economic courses.Click here to send an email.
Articles of Interest